Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Sunday, December 19, 2010




What an amazing day. It started slow with a trip to the Byron Sunday market for fruits and vegetables. Than off to check the surf. Still flat in Byron so we went around to Tallows. Nice clean waves but crazy rain storm. Not feeling burly I thought I would wait for the rain to slow. My family arrived for there Christmas beach rental around mid-day and I moved in. Nice beach house just outside of Byron Bay. Then off to Brunswick Heads for a surf. The rain is still coming down hard and I'm feeling like I'm back in Tofino as I pull on my wetsuit. The waves are small but clean and I got lots of nice long rides. We are sitting out in the line-up when someone points out a pod of dolphins about 15 feet away. There must have been school of fish nearby because all of a sudden the dolphins were all around us. Two swam right under my board and others seem to be riding the waves. It was a little scary but very exciting. I felt so alive. There were also a couple less friendly guests that showed up. Two huge sting rays kept swimming right under us. I asked the locals if there was anything to worry about and they said there was probably sharks around as well. Maybe the locals just wanted the waves and were trying to scare us off. We stayed until I could no longer ignore my hunger pains. Then back to the beach house for a big glass of wine and a hot bath. A B.B.Q and Zoolander ended a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment