Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My trip to Australia has been fantastic!

The Vancouver airport was particularly entertaining. I tried to web-check for my United trip and it kept coming up that I was MR. Josie Boulding. I went to the United representative who assured me that they could clearly see I was female but pointed out that my passport had sex marked as M. Interesting that in the last 4 years no one including myself had caught this error.

Ashley Tisdale was going thru security with her tiny dog in full Louis Vuitton, giving us a nice distraction from the tedious security checks. The 16 hour flight from San Francisco wasn't too painful and we arrived to a rainy, humid morning in Sydney.
My step sister Jackie picked us up and quickly perked us up with a great seafood lunch at Coochie beach. Then on to Bondi for a surf.

I lucked out surfing because after asking the lifeguard where to rent he sent me to Everything wet. They not only rented me a board and wetsuit but also introduced me to Jack Johnson. Amazing! I even got to share a few waves with him. Unfortunately I did almost take him out at one point when we both almost collided but after catching my board before it hit him he was still very gracious. He really seemed very down to earth and after talking to him you felt instantly comfortable. Jack, as he introduces himself, is a very grounded man. Nice!

I have surfed everyday that I've been here, and today will be no exception so I'll write the rest of my trip update later and add some photos. Promise.
Good Waves, Restless Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment