Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Whistler- a recipe for happiness






















I'm sitting reliving my weekend through video and photos suffering from a massive adrenaline hangover.I just returned from a weekend trip-of-a -lifetime in the Whistler area. Columbia invited a group of photographers and journalist to Whistler for four days to test new gear for Winter 2011-2012, in particular their new and roasting hot heated jackets.

We stayed at First Tracks Lodge at the base of Creekside, steps from the gondola. The first day started with a quick demo of the gear and an introduction to our Extremely Canadian ski guides. Then we jumped on the gondola headed for epic day on the slopes. It was snowing and the visibility wasn't great but luckily the snow was soft up top and our guide even found us some fresh tracks. Apres was at Dusty's, followed by an incredible dinner at Araxi - three level seafood tower.

The next day we woke up early and took a shuttle to Pemberton for the best day ever of heli-skiing. Coast Range Heliskiing started by dropping us off on top of one of the most beautiful mountain tops I have ever experienced and it just got better from there. I got to snowboard over 10,000 vertical feet in 20 centimetres of blower, untouched powder. Basically, I'm ruined for life because the ski hill just isn't going to cut it anymore. Apres was spent at the Scandinave Spa dipping our sore tired bodies in hot and cold hydro therapy. We hit Creekside's local fav, Rim Rock, for a delicious dinner to close out one of my best days ever.

For the final day we shook off the cobwebs and sore muscles with an incredible zip line aerial tour of Whistler's temperate rainforest with Ziptrec Ecotours, followed by an Olympic Biathalon lesson at Callaghan Valley. As long as it's not a breathing target who doesn't like shooting guns?

I know what you're thinking. You hate me for being born with a horse shoe up my ass. I know, but like I said, this was a once in a lifetime trip. Unless of course someone else wants to take me heli-snowboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment