Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fruition



I woke up at 6am this morning with an urgency. Yesterday I received a call from the president of a B.C TV station. I had sent the station my first Restless Josie travel show proposal three weeks prior and was waiting for a response. "Patience" was my mantra but it was a bitter pill to swallow filled with anxiety and self doubt. Funny thing, yesterday even after receiving the invitation to come meet the programming manager at the station in a couple weeks, I was still anxious.

I fear failure.I fear letting the world know I tried to be special and fell on my face. But, the alternative is worse. I cannot live with the knowledge that I had amazing opportunities in my life and I didn't have the guts to step up.I have Nelson Mandela's Inaugural Speech on my wall and I would love to share it with you.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we liberate from our fear, our presence automatically liberate others. -Marianne Williamson (all religious references were removed)

1 comment:

  1. Tigerlily writes: "Dad would be so proud of you. Here is one of his favourite quotations:
    Whatever you do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
    Goethe".

    ReplyDelete