Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Success?

What does it take to achieve greatness? No matter your what your goal in life may be, you probably dream of being a success, whatever that means to you. For most of us defining success is the hardest part. Buddha would tell you to find a tree, sit and visualize. Donald Trump would probably give you a talk about taking risks. Your mother might tell you to be vulnerable because without an emotional connection you'll have nothing to lose.

No matter what it takes to get up and go in the morning,(because no one ever made it big by sleeping till noon),everyone needs to believe in something. I've never had the lofty ambition of saving the world. I always thought focusing on those nearest and dearest to me seemed more tangible and immediate. I suffer impatience and have a hard time with separating myself personally from my work. This in turn makes it hard to accomplish great things with my career because I'm afraid a failure at work could mean a nasty case of self doubt.

Well, here I am feeling completely emotionally vulnerable because I've taken a risk. I set a lofty goal for myself of getting Restless Josie on cable TV. I have butterflies just typing this. How dare I, a small town Canadian women think I'm good enough for television. Isn't that for the Kardashians of the world? What can I offer that isn't already available on the 120 channels broadcast world wide?

Well, I guess we'll see... to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. So true and honest. Makes me self-reflect about how I define success in my own life. I wish you all the best in your quest, I know you will achieve great things! Elisa

    ReplyDelete