Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

New Beginning




I feel like it's been ages since I wrote anything for my Blog. This is partially due to a case of writers block but mostly laziness. I feel like winter malaise can be especially crippling when our Canadian days are so short in November and the grey ski and rain seems endless. This should be the perfect time for working on indoor intellectual pursuits but when feeling the winter blahs who would want to listen? Unless of course I have something interesting to share or a tidbit of wisdom to ponder.

No such luck. Ha! I have had some small slivers of excitement lately. A recent Girls night out with a gallery opening and the guilty pleasure of the Breaking Dawn premier. I was especially please to learn that even at such a crummy time of year, artists can lift you up and help you see beauty. Lucy Shappy and Jennifer Weber (pictured) are two such artists. There feminine way of combining ethereal imagery with a pretty pastel pallet left me yearning to take some of that beauty home.

Unfortunately just as I was falling in love with one of Jennifer Webers paintings, I saw her sneak a little red sticker dot on it. I guess another person had a similar need to take a little beauty home.

As for the Breaking Dawn movie it wasn't as good as the first or second twilight movie but it was still a lovely escape to a fantasy world. If you love the books and the movies it doesn't disappoint but if you're new to the whole thing, I wouldn't recommend starting with this installment. A few too many dreamy close ups and montages for my liking but the seen where Bella has her baby won't be soon forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment