Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mud,Sweat and Tears

I"m reading Bear Grylls autobiography, "Mud,Sweat and Tears. It's a very honest account of a former UK Special Forces paratrooper turned TV star. His TV series Man vrs Wild is watched by 1.2 billion viewers in more than 180 countries. It may be cliche but I thought I could learn a thing or two from his success. I'm only 3/4 of the way through the book but I read a quote I wanted to share. "Life has taught me to be very cautious of a man(or women) with a dream, especially a man who has teetered on the edge of life. It gives fire and recklessness inside that is hard to quantify.It can also make them fun to be around." I love this statement because it's been proven true to me over and over again in my own life. When I first started to work on my Restless Josie webisodes I was desperately searching for something. If I hadn't been so unhappy in my life, I wouldn't have fought so hard to develop a career I could be proud of. If life really knocks you down, what are you going to do? Fight back and just lay there and take it? I think this is what separates us. Are you a whiner and a bitcher or a happy warrior? We all have that choice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment