Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Think before you speak

I read a lot. Sometimes a passage strikes a cord with me and I can't get it out of my head. Usually because I can either personally relate or I'm just utterly inspired by the honesty and integrity of the words. Last night I read just a such a quote. "Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid." - Meltzer Bernard I really like this because I often ask myself these questions to late. I try to make the person I'm talking to comfortable by chatting them up. Maybe in the future I will practice my active listening skills and take a moment or two to really think about what I'm going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment