Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Backcountry Baby




Today I went back country snowboarding for the first time this year and it was fantastic. Sunday's at Mt.Washington are always crowded and lift lines long. The condition of the snow pack was stable and the forecast called for good weather so it was an easy decision. I brought snow shoes because I don't own a split board and even packed polls which came in very handy. I think my favorite part was the vistas we got from a high elevation and the new perspective on my local hill. I got to check out heroin chute, the run that lives up to its name and could make sense of the stories I'd heard told for years. I also got some fresh tracks two days after our last snow fall. I would say there's a good feeling when you earn your turns and even the charlie horse at the end of the day didn't dampen my mood. Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment