Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Saturday, October 2, 2010





I had a very disappointing e-mail yesterday. Apparently Canada Post's guarantee of three day delivery is fictitious. My video editor Adam Chilton and I worked crazy hours editing our entry for the Canadian Surf Film festival. We knew we where cutting it extremely close with our entry but we were pushed creatively by the deadline and the adrenaline. (not to mention excessive caffeine and single malt) I mailed it Monday from Tofino because it was going to a P.O Box and couriers don't deal well without an address. The nice women at the desk assured me it would arrive Thursday, the day before our deadline. I breathed a sigh of relief and put it out of my mind. Yesterday I got an e-mail from the festival coordinator with the news that it hadn't arrived on time and we where thus shit out of luck. He's exact words being "have you thought of posting it on Vimeo or You-tube? After a slight melt down, I realized that there would in fact be other festival and my Restless Josie viewers would benefit from an improved product. Moral of the story? Film can always use more editing! Hopefully you will enjoy the improved Tatchu episode by early next week. Keeping it real, a much humbled Restless Josie.

1 comment: