Restless Josie

Despite a seemingly idyllic life Josie is restless. Watch while she searches for freedom and happiness while she travels the world.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vampire Weekend

Last week I was so excited about my concert tickets for the weekend, that I told anyone who would listen that I was going to see Vampire Weekend. Most people responded with "Are you going to dress up like a Vampire?". When I told them the band had nothing to do with Vampires or the latest Eclipes movies, they where disapointed! "Never heard of them."

I was not disapointed! Vampire weekend was full on fun. The indie band and it's catchy lirics can really light it up for a live show. I had a hard time concentrating on the lead singer because the man on base had all the moves. I felt myself drawn into his dance and found myself immitating his mixture of knee drops and hip trusts. When they played Contra live for the first time, I felt transported into a perfect moment. I didn't want to be anywhere else in the world than right there with my eyes closed swaying to Ezra Koenig's angelic voice. Not even a bit restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment